Official Standard of the Biro
The Biro dog breed is a combination of dark chocolate color on a white background and addition of gold color on the head. This makes the Biro a highly attractive and exclusive phenomenon.
The Biro comes from Biewers that carry for the brown gene. The first Biro was a female called “Artois of Highclass Relight My Chocolate Fire”, born December 1st, 2004 to the “art of Highclass” Kennel, German breeders, Roberto Krah and J. lutz. It was this female dog that became the first registered Biro in the world.
Mother of the puppies, Alisha vom Wasserschlobehen, gave birth to four puppies. Three of the puppies were Biewers (black/blue on a white background, with tri colored head). The fourth puppy was a female Biro (chocolate on a white background with a Tri colored head and brown nose).
Father of this Biro was “Uz Von der Elsteraue” a winner of a great number of awards.
Six weeks later another, January 14th, 2005, another female Biro was born to another kennel “From the Lightning Showboy” owned by Birgit Rosner and N. Polak. The pup was named “Little Princess from the Lightning Showboy”. Her Mother was Ailine Von Alkotmany, daughter of the already mentioned Alisha vom Wasserschlobehen and the father was the same Uz von der Elsteraue.
The breeders of both kennels took an interest in the new coat color, and decided to continue breeding and strengthening the new Biro breed.
The Biro dog breed got it’s name from initial letters fusion of the names of the selectioners, who developed this breed : Birgit Rosner and Roberto Krah. The Biro dog breed is a combination of dark chocolate color on a white background and addition of gold color on the head. This makes the Biro a highly attractive and exclusive phenomenon.
Standard of the Biro Dog Breed
- General Appearance: That of a long haired toy terrier whose hair hangs evenly and straight down each side of the body, and flat, the base of the skull to the end of the tail. The animal should be very compact and neat. The tail should be carried up. The outlines should give the impression of a powerful and well proportioned body.
- Behavior and Temperament: A delightful, alert, cheerful, intelligent and self confident dog.
- Head and Skull: The head should be rather small and flat, not too proportionate round in the skull, not the muzzle too long. The hair on the head is long with colors: white, chocolate and gold, symmetrically colored.
- Eyes: Medium size and sparkling with a sharp intelligent expression and placed in a way that they look straight. They shall not be prominent. The eye color is green or orange.
- Ears: Small V shaped ears, that are carried erect, and not set too far apart, covered with short hair.
- Teeth: The teeth should be all the same. Either a scissor bite or a level bite is acceptable. Premolar faults are tolerated.
- Nose: An absolute chocolate nose.
- Body: Very compact with well formed hips and level back line.
- Tail: A complete tail with lots of hair, carried slightly higher than the level of the back.
Biro Dog Breed Limbs
- Forelegs: The legs should be totally straight , well covered with hair.
- Hindlegs: Legs rather straight, well muscled and well covered with hair.
- Feet: As rounded as possible, with toenails being black or white.
- Coat: The hair on the body has a length 3/4 down the side of the dog, more long enough to reach the ground, and is absolutely straight (not wooly), shiny like silk and of fine silky texture, without an undercoat.
Biro Dog Breed Coloring
- Head: White-chocolate-gold
- Body: White and chocolate (varying color of chocolate from light to dark is acceptable) or totally chocolate with white breast without black coloring. Hair on the breast, on the belly, and the legs, to be pure white.
- Weight: Up to 3.2 kg
Biro Dog Breed Faults
- Any and all difference within this breed standard.
- N.B.: Male animals should have two apparently normal testicles fully descended into the scrotum.